Box #2


I should note that the things not used up in the recipes for the last box were generally used as baby food or just eaten as is. I originally thought I'd keep meticulous track of how everything was used up, but I just don't have the time or brain power for that right now. It should suffice to say that the Box is helping me meal-plan and seems to be a good price for what we get, especially considering that it's delivered to my door and it's all good quality stuff.

For Box #2, I ordered a different selection. This one comes as a mix of fruit and vegetables. I like the high volume of veggies, but I didn't really want to go out and buy fruit on top of it, so I thought we'd mix it up. And, honestly, who among us doesn't need to work on getting those 3-4 servings of fruit. And no, unfortunately, even free-trade, home-schooled chocolate doesn't count as a fruit, though it is derived from the seeds of the fruit of the cocoa tree... No! Never mind.

Box #2

5 kiwis (Put on the BOTTOM of the box! C'mon, guys. Really?)
5 apples
1 cucumber
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 mangoes
4 lemons
2 pears
1 bunch dino kale
1 bunch collards
3 leeks
1 head green-leaf lettuce
1 bunch of carrots
2 heads of broccoli
more frigging bok choi
2 yellow onions
2 red onions
1 small butternut squash
1 bunch of radishes

Comments