Beet Love


After my exploration of spinach in a shake, I was in a bit of a juice mood after dinner. What I really wanted was chocolate and lots of it. I was hoping that a reasonable glass of fresh juice would silence the addiction for the evening.

It's been quite a while since I've had any quality time with my Jack LaLanne juicer. It can rip through pretty much anything, and it's relatively easy to clean. I've tried to make muffins from the left-over pulp with very mediocre results. I didn't bother messing with the pulp today.

I had two small raw beets left over from my latest bout with pickling some turnips (which I blog about later). Now while I'm the kind of girl who likes to eat raw beets, I know that it might not be for everyone. However, mixed with other stuff, it's not that weird.

Beet Love Potion

2 mall raw beets
2 white grapefruits
4 small granny smith apples


1. Peel the beets and grapefruit and wash the apples.
2. Juice 'em.

Magenta yum

Comments

amy said…
Very pretty! How did they taste?
Jenn Cornish said…
This juice was pretty fantastic. Next time, I might use more apple and less grapefruit to cut the acidity a bit.